by Cindi Madsen
In The Bad Boy’s Baby, both Cam and Emma are big on camping. Cam’s starting up a business with his brother that includes renovating a lodge, cabins, and tours into the mountains, from quick hikes to overnight stays in the Wyoming mountains. I used to love camping as a kid, but I’ll also admit to liking a soft bed and all my electronics. I thought it might be fun to make up a camping survival checklist, for those who are hardcore into camping and maybe those who are more reluctant campers.
- Food and water (This goes without saying, yet not saying it seemed irresponsible. LOL)
- S’mores. Now this is different than just food. This is a camping staple.
- Tent, sleeping bags, camping gear
- A good book. Now I don’t know about you, but I want a good book for those lazy afternoons when I can halfway pay attention to fishing and get lost in a good book.
- A comfy camping chair.
- Warm pajamas, sweaters, coats. I’m always cold and even in the summer it’s sometimes chilly at night and in the mornings in the mountains.
- A guy to build you a fire. Okay, I can build my own fire if needed, but it’s much more fun to watch a guy carry and stack logs and get a warm fire going. Am I right, or am I right?
- Comfy hiking shoes. I love a good hike in the mountains. Fresh air, amazing view, and a workout that rarely feels like a workout.
- Good company. Whether it’s just you and your significant other, your best friend, or your whole family, camping’s more fun with the right people.
So I think those are the essentials, but of course if glamping is more your thing, feel free to pack up all those things that’ll ensure you have a fun time. You just might want to do more of the drive up to spots than the hike in, because dang do all those things get heavy.
The Bad Boy’s Baby
by Cindi Madsen
Release date: 5/16/16
There are certain words that have always described Cam Brantley: Town bad boy. Soldier. Protector. But never, ever dad. Until he returns home from his latest military tour to discover the girl he had one smoking-hot night with is now mom to the adorable two-year-old Zoey. Who has his eyes.
Plenty of words could describe Emma Walker these days. Mom, dutiful granddaughter, budding designer, the town’s golden child. But when her longtime crush Cam Brantley comes back to town, she knows the perfect word to describe herself: screwed.
Cam and Emma are both shocked to discover he truly wants Zoey in his life. But Cam’s not sure he’s ready to be a dad, and Emma can’t gamble her daughter on maybes. As the long-simmering heat between Cam and Emma reaches a boiling point, he’ll have to work past his demons in order to be the man both girls need.