Hi everybody! I hope you’re having a fantastic February and that Cupid is ready to zing you with an arrow any day. I’m busy gearing up for the TOTAL SURRENDER release on March 31st, which is the fourth book in the Sin Brother series and features the brilliant brother, Jory Dean. Somebody asked me the other day if most writers are, ah, quirky…and of course we are! Here are my top five (yeah, there are many more) quirks when writing:
- I have to wear socks to write. Big, comfy, thick socks that actually don’t need to match each other. Even in the heat of summer, if I’m writing, I have my comfy socks on.
- I have dog hearing. Seriously, those dog whistles kill me. Most laptops have a high-pitched whine from the motor or fan or whatever it is. If I’m on my laptop, I have my earphones on to escape the horrible noise.
- My best ideas usually hit me while I’m on the treadmill. No, I’m not one of those people who likes to work out. Not at all. But, while plugging away mile after mile (okay, step after step), ideas come to me.
- I fall off the treadmill at least once a month. Being a klutz, this isn’t a surprise to me. Now I have a treadmill at my house, so if I trip, usually no one else sees. But I used to go to a gym and I have fallen in front of a row of people before. My friend looked down and said, “So, I guess you’re done for the day?”
- I get lost in writing and often forget about real life while doing so. Unfortunately, this means that the UPS guy has seen me in my jammies, hair in scrunchie, no makeup on…because the doorbell has dinged and I’ve run upstairs to answer the door, forgetting that I haven’t quite prepared for the day yet. (Even though it might be noon because I was just going to write a sentence and then get dressed…and got lost instead.)
There is a bonus scene for BLIND FAITH on the USA TODAY blog today. CLICK HERE to take a look.
Thanks to the Writerspace gang for having me over today, and thanks for all the hard work they do! Happy Valentine’s month to all of you.
TOTAL SURRENDER can be purchased in mass market paperback or eBook format for/from: