By Samanthe Beck
I’m so thrilled to return to the fictional town of Captivity for my latest release, PLAYING DIRTY IN ALASKA.
As mentioned before, I’ve never actually been to Alaska, but I didn’t let that stop me from writing a series! In this story, my heroine, bush pilot Bridget Shanahan, is a Captivity native, so she knows her way around. My hero, Archer Ellison, CEO of Skyline Air, has moved there to win her back, not realizing he’ll have to woo an entire town in order to get another shot at Bridget! if we were to ask Archer for his top five ways to pass time in Captivity, his list would look like this:
- An evening at The Tipsy Goose, which gives him the opportunity to surprise Bridget with his arrival in Captivity, not to mention enter into a drunken bet with her.
- A late-night visit to the Captivity sculpture garden because of said bet, to climb a twelve-foot totem pole faster than Bridget and win a kiss from her. Is it his fault she fell and damaged a sensitive part of her anatomy, and found herself in desperate need of a pilot to help to sustain Captivity Air operations for four weeks during her brother’s honeymoon?
- A scenic flight around Big Kat Mountain, where Bridget introduces him to the unique thrill of throwing snow down the chasm.
- An up-close and way too personal encounter with a brown bear fresh out of hibernation. (It serves well as a prelude to, “Oh, hell Archer, maybe I do still want you,” sex)!
- Dodging geese. You’ll have to read the book to find out why Archer considers it a top five way to pass time in Captivity!
I hope you plan a visit soon!