by Rebecca Zanetti
Hi all! Welcome to Writerspace today where authors are plentiful and good books are everywhere. So many great things to read here! I was thinking the other day about being a writer, so I figured I’d write about being a writer. You know you’re a writer if:
1) In the middle of listening to a new country song while driving down the road, you think, EUREKA! That’s the perfect line. There’s my NEXT book.
2) Somebody is rude to you or someone you care about, so the antagonist psychotic witch in your book gets a name change.
3) Your spouse finds a bookmark on your computer for a site that reads, “How to bury a body without getting caught,” and doesn’t get frightened.
4) You’re now thinking about all the weird bookmarks you have on your comptuter.
5) The misspelled word in the above sentence is killing you.
6) You proof-check a text message three times, then delete it and start over with better verbs.
7) Texting acronyms in emails make you want to throw your computer at the sender.
8) You’re in the middle of a conversation with someone and you rewrite their dialogue in your head.
9) You’ve asked someone to lock you in the trunk of a car just so you can get your scene right.
10) More than once you’ve answered the door in your pajamas – and it was mid-afternoon.
I hope you enjoy the list above! If you’re not a writer, I hope you enjoyed the glimpse into our odd worlds.
My next book, MARKED, is a Dark Protector book that releases on December 22nd and is up for pre-order now at a discounted price. Here’s a quick blurb:
Janie Kayrs has known Zane almost her whole life. He was her friend in the dream world. She trusted him. But that was before he kidnapped her, spiriting her away to an isolated cabin to learn what her dreams never told her. Like how dangerous he looks. How he got on the wrong side of the negotiating table. And how much sexier he is in real life…
Zane is a battle-hardened warrior, used to command and solitude. But Janie has drawn him from the minute they met. His need for her could destroy everything he’s worked for, but the risk is too sweet not to take it. They call her the Chosen One. But when it comes down to the questions of peace or war, life or death, safety or passion, it will be Janie who makes the choice…
Can be purchased in eBook format for/from: