Hello Readers and Happy July!
I don’t know how it is in your neck of the woods, but here in northern Colorado, it’s sweltering outside. We’ve made new records this year with the number of days over 100 degrees. I have a whole new appreciation for ceiling fans and our lovely box air conditioner in our bedroom. At least we’ve been able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air in the evenings.
Happily, hot days are the perfect time for ice cream (although is there ever a bad time for ice cream?) Not only is July National Ice Cream Month, but today is National Creative Ice Cream Flavors day. I’ve seen many weird flavors in my day, but I don’t often try them, as I have my own favorite few (mint chip, chocolate brownie and chocolate-chocolate chip).
From the Ben and Jerry’s website, their Top Ten Weirdest Flavors are:
- Shweddy Balls (Vanilla ice cream with a hit of rum, loaded with fudge-covered rum and malt balls)
- Miz Jelena’s Sweet Potato Pie (Ginger ice cream with a fudge swirl)
- Dastardly Mash (Nuts and raisins)
- Oh, Pear (Pear with a hint of almond and light fudge swirl
- Urban Jumble (Coconut almond fudge chip meets New York Super Fudge Chunk)
- Chubby Hubby (Vanilla malt ice cream, peanutty fudge-covered pretzels and fudge and peanut buttery swirls)
- Wavy Gravy (Cashew Brazil nut ice cream with chocolate hazelnut fudge swirl and roasted almonds)
- Boston Cream Pie (Yellow cake pieces and pastry cream)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly (Self-explanatory 😊)
- Peanuts! Popcorn! (Caramel ice cream with white fudge-covered caramel popcorn, toffee-coated peanuts and a caramel swirl)
In my July release from Harlequin Love Inspired, #3 in my Rocky Mountain Family series called The Marine’s Mission, marine sergeant Aaron Jamison and heroine Ruby Winslow enjoy a hot summer afternoon at the local ice cream parlor along with his service dog, standard poodle Oscar. Ruby and Aaron each select mint chocolate, and Oscar gets a nice cup of whipped cream with a doggie bone.
So what about you? Have you ever tried a crazy/weird ice cream flavor? Do you have a favorite flavor? One person who comments will win an ice cream themed prize!
Sign up for Deb’s newsletter to keep up on the latest here.