by Jennifer Apodaca
Exposing the Heiress is set part of the time in Los Angeles, and part of the time at a small vineyard in Sonoma, California. I’ve always wanted to vacation at a vineyard, and so far, haven’t done it. But my family; my husband, our three adult sons, and their wives/girlfriends took a recent wine tasting trip together. You know…for research <g>. From that trip I learned five important things:
- Wine country is beautiful. I now understand why Alyssa, the beautiful, famous heiress in my book, who is constantly stalked by the media, and now being threatened by her ex-fiancé, escaped to a vineyard for peace and safety. Of course it doesn’t hurt that Hunt is there – the very sexy former Marine determined to protect her.
- I have very expensive taste. My favorite wine was a bottle of Syrah that cost as much as a tank of gas. Which is not my normal wine-budget, LOL.
- You hear all kinds of fascinating stories over wine-tasting. I met people from all over the world who spilled all kinds of secrets. I have plots for my next six books from those casual chats.
- And speaking of awesome meetings, one winery had Cleo the Cat, and I immediately fell in love with him. Yes, he’s a big guy, but the sweetest, most friendly feline I’ve ever encountered. When I sat down on a bench, he hopped up, stretched out over my lap and purred. I skipped wine tasting that time just to hang with the cat.
- And last, one day at lunch with the wild bunch that is my family, I looked around the table and thought – this is why I write romance. We aren’t perfect, but we are family. And it all began with a first date that led to the first kiss…and years later I’m looking around and realize this is happily-ever-after.
In Exposing the Heiress, Alyssa is threatened and runs to the one man she knows can and will protect her, her old friend that she grew up with, Hunter Reece. I loved this friends-to-lover story, it’s sexy and tender, with a few edge-of-your-seat moments. Both Hunt and Alyssa must overcome their pasts to find the trust to fall in love. Given my wine-tasting trip maybe it’s no surprise that their first kiss is at a vineyard.
Exposing the Heiress
by Jennifer Apodaca
When wealthy heiress Alyssa Brooks finds out her stepfather has been paying her fiancé to marry her, she’s humiliated and betrayed. She quickly breaks the engagement, only to be blackmailed by her now ex-fiancé, who threatens both Alyssa and the son she gave up for adoption. With nowhere to go, she turns to the one man she can trust.
Former Marine sniper Hunter Reece’s lethal skills could save Alyssa’s life. But his little sister’s best friend has turned into a woman, who is an irresistible mix of secrets and sexiness. And while Hunter can trust himself to protect her, he can’t trust himself to keep his attraction hidden…or even pretend to be the man that Alyssa remembers.
Because the only way to keep the lovely heiress safe is to become the one thing he knows she could never love…a killer.