Hi All! There’s such a fun group of readers at Writerspace that I was very excited to write another blog here! Deadly Silence releases tomorrow, and it’s the first book in a new series about the Blood Brothers. These guys were thrown together years ago at a dangerous boy’s home, and they quickly bonded strong and absolute.
Of course, it turns out coincidence had nothing to do with them being at the same place at the same time. If you’ve read my Sin Brothers series, you might recognize some of the players. If you haven’t, no worries. This new series stands on its own.
In researching for this book, I came across a list of research searches from my past. I’ve Googled everything from how quickly a body can decompose to how bacteria from space might hurt us at some point. Sometimes I wonder if Homeland Security is watching my online searches, but then I figure that’s true of most authors. Oh, I’ve also Googled all about Homeland Security as well.
Besides being free to Google about just anything, there are five other great things about being an author:
- You can talk to yourself and pretend that you’re working out dialogue. Oh, I talk to myself all the time, even by using hand gestures, and I finally have folks convinced I’m just working. Of course, I’m really yelling at the lady at the grocery store who smacked into me with her cart, but nobody has to know about that.
- Yoga pants and an old T-shirt are perfectly fine to wear to work. Since work is just in the other room, it’s quite acceptable. The hard part is when I have to go out or even travel and end up wearing shoes for five days straight. Five days!
- If somebody really ticks you off, you can kill them in your next book. I don’t think you’ll find many authors who haven’t done this in one way or another. It’s quite satisfying, and you don’t get in trouble! Total win here.
- You speak a common language with other authors. Other authors are the best, especially when you’re friends. They get it when you talk about your characters as if they’re real people. They kinda are.
- Readers and Fans are so awesome! I love the fan emails I get, and I answer each one. It’s also tons of fun to meet readers at events and signings, and sometimes, they think the characters are real, too. I love those readers!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful October. Stay safe and healthy!