By Diane Alberts
Hello! I’m Diane Alberts, but you might also know me as Jen McLaughlin! As Diane, I write sexy contemporary romance for Entangled Publishing. My latest book, TAKING WHAT’S HIS, is the fourth book in the Shillings Agency series (all can be read as Standalones, though), and it centers around Holt Cunningham and Lydia Thomas.
Holt, now, he’s one of my favorite heroes. He’s fresh out of the military—as are all the Shillings heroes—and he’s been injured. We don’t know the full extent of his injuries right away—and I will not post spoilers!!—but the injuries aren’t just superficial. They go deeper, too. But there’s another reason I love him, and that’s because…
He loves Doctor Who!
Some of you might not know what that is, but some of you might! My characters talk about it quite a bit in the book, so I thought it would be fun to list my favorite moments. It will come as no surprise, I’m sure, that some of these pop up in the book.
- Rose and Ten. God, Rose and Ten. My favorite moment just happens to be the saddest, too. When Rose and Ten are separated by that wall for all eternity—GOD. It breaks me.
- Then, of course, you have the moment where he literally BURNS A SUN to say goodbye, and doesn’t even get to say “I love you.”
- Then she comes back, and kicks ass, and saves the world. LOVE THAT, TOO.
- Okay, in fairness, I will give credit to Ten and Donna, too. She’s such a great friend for him, and I love how she sasses back at him equally. Ten got used to his companions loving him, and Donna isn’t having it! It’s why I love her, too.
- Ah, his last episode when he regenerates. He goes and finds Rose…before she ever met him. He tells her she’s going to have a great year, because she’s about to meet him and doesn’t know it. IT SLAYS ME.
If you watch Doctor Who, what are your favorite moments?
TAKING WHAT’S HIS
A sexy category romance from Entangled’s Brazen imprint…
Some lines are meant to be crossed…
One explosive device was all it took to turn Holt Cunningham from ass-kicking Marine to IT technician. Hell, he’s still not over it. So when the cute little strawberry blonde at the bar asks him to kiss her, Holt can’t resist the temptation of a sexy distraction. Before he knows it, she’s blown his mind…and then skipped out the next morning.
Lydia Thomas never expected things with Holt to go quite that far, but oh, it was worth it. After being far too good for way too long, she was ready to be bad. Except that there’s that tiny detail that Lydia kept to herself-Holt just spent the night doing naughty things…with his best friend’s little sister.
One night isn’t nearly enough. But with his friendship on the line, how far will Holt go in order to claim what’s his?