Rules of Attraction
Governess Brides Book 4
January 5, 2021
Available in: Audio, e-Book (reprint)
To the owner of the Distinguished Academy of Governesses
Dear Madame Owner, I am looking for an experienced companion for my sweet, elderly, slightly dotty aunt, and that companion must be:
1. Tall, blonde and twenty-seven years of age.
2. Desirous of living in an ancient castle in an isolated area of Lancashire.
3. Not nervous about any sinister rumors about me.
Sincerely, the newly titled Marquess of Raeburn
From the owner of the Distinguished Academy of Governesses
My dear, mysterious Lord Raeburn, Coincidentally, I fulfill all your requisites. However, as condition to accepting this position, I insist on the following:
1. That no interest be shown in my past.
2. That I have the free time to explore Lancashire for reasons that I will not divulge.
3. That you not bother to deny your culpability in the disappearance of your wife.
4. That we will not indulge in familiarity that will surely lead to another disastrous,
passionate interlude between us.
Sincerely, Hannah Setterington
Originally published March 2001 in mass market paperback and October 2009 in eBook for Avon Books.
New York Times bestselling author Christina Dodd builds worlds filled with suspense, romance and adventure and creates the most distinctive characters in fiction today. Her fifty+ novels --- suspense, paranormals, and historicals --- have been translated into twenty-five languages, won Romance Writers of America's prestigious Golden Heart and RITA Awards and been called the year's best by Library Journal. Dodd herself has been a clue in the Los Angeles Times crossword puzzle --- her mother was totally impressed. With more than twenty-five million of her books in print and eBook, her legions of fans always know that when they pick up a Christina Dodd book, they've found, "an absolute thrill ride of a book!" Enter Christina's worlds at ChristinaDodd.com and join her mailing list for news, and book sales.