Hello! October is here and that means the WORLD SERIES! It also means Hard and Fast, book 3 in my Locker Room Diaries series is here! It’s a baseball romance series, and Hard and Fast is my favorite of the whole series. Guess why…
- Catchers are hot, hot, hot. Especially when they squat down and look all intense as they’re signaling to the pitcher all sorts of secret codes. They’re like the James Bonds and Jason Bournes of baseball.
- I need my heroes to be relatable on a human level. Anybody else wonder what happened to their bodies? All that training to become a star athlete leads to aching knees and all those weird noises when I get up in the morning. Popping and cracking. Ouch! Hero Connor is looking back at his twenties and wondering when he left them.
- Anybody else see Mark-Paul Gosselaar in the tv show Pitch? I totally modeled Connor after him. Smart, funny, but with a need for something more beneath the fear of a newer, younger, hotter player coming along and replacing him.
- This story comes from my heart. Connor faces issues of abandonment, need, and simply being unable to keep on keeping on. Then he allows one woman to help him see that he is enough, he is worthy, and he is loveable. That touches my soul on so many levels, I can’t even explain.
- My three heroes finally get to the World Series and get to kick ass!
Answer: All of the above! Yup, this book is complicated, adult, and so sexy that it melts my heart. I hope you’ll check it out because they don’t just go to the World Series, they get to win the whole shebang, including your heart.
But since you’re not here just to find out about my baseball romances, I’ve got another question for you. What is your favorite thing to do at a baseball game? I’ll let you guess mine, and then you can leave a comment telling me yours. One lucky commenter will win a free e-copy of my entire Locker Room Diaries series!
- Thanks to electronic media, I can read on my phone between plays. And what better way to fill the time than reading during the 7th inning stretch?
- Eat and drink. Let’s be real. Baseball games are a great time to kick back and enjoy ballpark food and beer, both of which have way too many calories but taste so good!
- Ogle the players butts. True story: my editor told me that baseball players have the best butts out of all athletic endeavors. Turns out, she’s right!
- Enjoy the weather. I love sun, blue skies, light breezes, and baseball. And if it’s cloudy or rainy, well, then I huddle close to my husband under some kind of protective gear (yes, sometimes we use a tarp), and still manage to enjoy the day. Usually with some food, drink, and a bit of ogle time.
Answer: All of the Above – I don’t usually do all of the above answers, but these two were too good to miss. Yes, I do love the weather, food, and drink. I’m guilty of ogling players butts. And I do have a book with me all the time. Doesn’t matter if it’s a baseball game or at a family picnic, I’ve got a book on my phone, and I’ve been known to pull it out during lulls.
So now it’s your turn! What’s your favorite thing to do at baseball games?