10. Your conversation at the Pearly Gates with St. Peter: “All I did was knock on her door!”
9. All of your dirty little secrets are no longer secrets.
8. You wind up on the TV news and your hair is a mess.
7. The special ingredient in your recipe is rat poison.
6. Those pesky interrogations.
4. You’re innocent, but you’re in jail anyway.
3. Defense attorneys cost a fortune.
2. Phyllis’s recipe will kick your recipe’s butt.
And the number one reason you don’t want to enter a baking contest against Phyllis Newsom . . .
You’re now known as “the victim”!
Seriously, the Fresh Baked Mystery series is great fun to write. I’ve been able to tell many different kinds of stories, from tragedy (WEDDING CAKE KILLER) to comedy (THE FATAL FUNNEL CAKE), and the characters have become like old friends to me. Actually, by now they seem more like members of my family. Figuring out what they’ve been up to is always a pleasure for me. I hope the readers have that same sort of emotional connection with them and enjoy the tales I have to tell.
Under the names Livia J. Washburn and L.J. Washburn, Livia Reasoner has been writing award-winning, critically acclaimed mystery, western, romance, and historical novels for almost thirty years. She began to write in collaboration with her husband, author James Reasoner, and soon branched out into telling her own stories.
In addition to writing, Livia enjoys photography, arts, crafts, and cooking, but she also loves having a pile of lumber, a circular saw, and a building project. An accomplished carpenter, she has framed houses and built more sets of bookshelves than she can remember, some of which have been filled with the books she’s written. A good day for her includes having time to create something new in the kitchen, on a story, and in the garage.
Livia lives in the Texas countryside with her husband, and her dogs. She blogs when she can find the time at http://liviajwashburn.blogspot.com.