In CAN'T BUY ME LOVE, my heroine has a lot of secrets. Some big, some small. Most of them she’s been keeping for a long time, wearing them like armor to keep everyone away. But as I wrote Tara Jean Sweet, it made me think a lot about some of the secrets I’ve kept over the years. And today, I’m letting them out. Prepare yourselves, this might get ugly…
1. I have never read any Jane Austen. Not a single book. Not even a vampire reprieve.
2. I buy cookies for school bake sales and tell people I made them. I marvel at the women who have time to bake. But I hate it when they look down on the mom’s who bring in stuff from the grocery store – like it makes us less of a mom.
3. I cheated on my Physical Science final in high school – in my defense, everyone who graduated from Rochelle Township High School while Mr. Schutte was teaching that class, cheated on that final.
4. I have OFTEN pretended to be sick so that I could spend the morning finishing a book while my husband gets the kids off to school. I don’t even feel bad about this.
5. I never really “got” Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
So, how about you? Deep dark secrets you’re dying to get off your chest? Or perhaps you’ve never really understood why everyone loves Buffy, either? Chime in!